Originally Posted by Tommy
Here's my 2 cents worth. I also had a holley/ weber 32/36 from Tom Langdon on my 261. It ran great, except it went flat around 2500 rpm. I drove it for a couple years like that and then just got tired of praying I didn't get run over on the highway going to a cruise somewhere. I replaced it with a Later model Rochester Monojet from a 250 cu.in. engine. I guess you could call it a new improved Model B. They were on just about every Chevy 6 for 20 years or so. I know some of you will belittle this choice, Because You Know Better than everyone else. But it works for me and has for many years now. direct bolt on, linkage fits like it was made for this application. Just My 2 cents worth.

Good point. Those would be easy to find compared to the proper versions of the YF. I suppose some of the later iterations of the Monojet have some weird smog control stuff on them?

I think you implied it, but I assume this solved your flat spot issue?


1951 3100