Thank you all for the responses.
Tom Langdon questioned my fuel pump pressure under load. That could be a thing, but the car had a lot more top end with the Rochester so I doubt that is the issue. I do need to find a way to run a remote guage.
DragSix- a friend of mine bought a Daytona brand single barrel carburetor and had good luck with it. So that is an option. I do realize it is foreign made, etc. I appreciate your thoughts. There is so much differing opinion from people.
Panic- I came up with about the same CFM calculations you did, which is why I chose the 32/36. I read a LOT of people saying the carb was too small but the CFM calculations say differently. It runs very well until roughly 2,800 rpm or so. The power valve definitely opens at roughly 90% throttle, it really came to life at that point. Just need 2 more inches of throttle pedal so to speak.
Carbking- I did some searching last fall when I was shopping for a carburetor and looked around for a YF2101, but didn't have luck other than Chinese clones. I had bad luck with one a couple years back, the casting was so bad on a brand new one that it had a pinhole in the fuel bowl. So I am debating between a Daytona brand,
the Holley fuel injection system or figure out what is wrong with this 32/36.