That is a nice looking truck, I would jump at it if you got the funding.
The fender flares on these truck changed to the narrow ones in 1963 on the lighter models like stated, but before that they were all wide. Why, well because of the independent front suspension and the LCF model had it on all trucks, my truck is a
1960 Chevrolet L60 Viking LCF so it has the wide flares.
Also Chevy used a different grill in the Bigger trucks then the little ones, and it didn't change every year either.
Good to see you found the site ok Ron, this is about the best place for advise about these old trucks, and Burgie is just about an expert on them because he is rebuilding one from the frame up. I know a bid more about the GMC version of these trucks. back in the day of these truck Chevy & GMC were building two different trucks even thou they may have looked close to the same. Some guys think I'm anti-Chevy, but I own one now and had a
1966 Chevrolet C60 Tow Truck at one time.