My next door neighbor has '63 GM c60 (2 ton) cab and chassis with a flat dumping bed on it. It has the 292 inline 6 with a 4 speed trans and 2 speed rear. It is in good to very good un-restored condition (some rust but nothing like I have seen on other '60's trucks). It drives well, has new brakes and clutch. There are no leaks and the dump works well. The trans shifts fine but in 1st and 2nd, it whines but I think that may be due to the gearing being so low. It is quiet in 3rd and 4th. Is that normal? There is some slop in the shifter but it shifts fine.
The sale price is $3500, he is firm on the price. I have had "dibbs" on the truck but I know of 3 who are waiting on me to make a decision and will buy it (I know this as fact).
Is there anything I need to look at / for? BTW the frame rails and spring mounts all look good.
Any help would be appreciated as I have not been able to find out much info on these trucks nor comparable selling prices.
Thanks
Ron