Kevin - for books go to these sites
www.gregsonline.com www.themotorbookstore.com for carb tech, custom manifolds, the complete set up for your engine, and or any carb work talk to Charlie at
www.vintagespeed.com very spendy, but the quality is the best money can buy. I have purchased two 2 X 3 SBC set-ups from him. Very pleased with the workmanship and attention to detail. Have not had any 1 BBL work done by there shop, but know they do custom inline manifolds and fuel blocks and specialty carb work. maybe you can ship your rochesters to them and they will rebuild them if you like. I know they deal in Strombergs and Holleys alot. They will ream and install bushings for the throttle shafts, etc. They have tons of carb parts, and even have some models recast so its like a new carb and all new internals. Contact them and see what they say. If enough bolters request Rochester B help he may repop the castings as I bet the GM patents have long ago expired. Worth a shot.