Hi everyone, I'm trying to learn more about multi-carb setups for 235's before I hit up some swap meets later this year. I have a '54 235 with a '53 235 head. Eventually I'd like to switch from the stock leaky Rochester to a multi-carb setup. This engine will be for street use in a basicly stock '49 3/4-ton with a 3 speed. I'll also be adding dual exhaust via headers or dual manifolds. I like the looks of a 3 carb setup and believe it would function a little better on a 6 cyl than a two carb setup.
First, is there an easy way to ID intakes for this engine to keep from confusing it with something that won't fit?
Second, if I can find a 3 carb manifold, what carbs would be the best choice from a best-sized-to-the-engine point of view. Would 3 Carter w-1's be too much for a mostly stock, low RPM engine? What about Strombergs? I haven't been able to find any info on how many CFM any of these old carbs flow. If someone has the info or a link to the info please post it.
I'm open to any suggestions.
Thanks for the help, Kevin.