Originally Posted by Gord&Fran
I asked the same question a few years ago; how to use those clips. Posted a picture just like your picture. In the end, I didn't use them and glued the channel to the door. Seems gluing is a common solution.

Hey Gord, yep I'm right there with you. I watched Jerry Kassis from the Filling Station's YouTube series on rebuilding the doors and it was a fantastic group of video how-to's. His method ,which he performs in the video, is to use #4 Sheet metal screws in five locations...
Anyway here's where I'm at, I'm waiting on a call back from Steele Rubber Products. They are going to see if they can give me input on how its done. I'll update this post, however it turns out. I'm hoping I have not just added to " my box of unusable new parts" , lol.


Ron - - Dusty53
1954 Chevy 3604
In the Gallery Forum
"You can't dance with the Devil and then wonder why you're still in Hell."
"They will forget what you've said, and they will forget what you have done but they will never forget the way you made them feel."