The flywheel and the pressure plate have been lying in the shop for two years. They now have a fine layer of rust on the surface but to my untrained eye look to be in good condition, about like a brake disc looks when all is healthy.
I had no complaints about the clutch when I removed the engine. My original intention was to reinstall the whole shebang with the original parts after the engine was rebuilt. Of course much of my work on the truck is "shade tree" repair, I am an amateur mechanic, and this truck is not being "restored" anytime soon.
If I were to order a complete clutch kit, I have yet to find such a kit for a 10 3/4 disc. So I can't even price out the parts until I find a proper kit for a 53 truck with the heavy duty clutch.
I am raising these questions because I suspect that I ought to buy a kit...

Karl

Last edited by Organbuilder; 08/23/2020 3:38 PM. Reason: it has to be perfect

It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe