Tim, I've looked at that page a few times. It isn't so crystal clear. But the asterisk seems to indicate that the first "B" means RPO on the 3100 series. So the code would mean a 216 from a 3100 RPO. The third letter "C" refers to the type, the text for which disappears on the copy, so what "type" 216? But the last C means made in Flint. But there are a lot of questions still, the setup of the page would make it look like there should be four letters preceeded by an "A" or a "B". And why do they need 6 letters to indicate Flint and at least as many for Tonawanda?
But none of these questions really helps me order a clutch kit, when the only kits in the cataolgue are the 9 inch clutch and the later 11 inch ditto. But there are clutch disc 10 3/4, so maybe I am set to go. I hope the throwout bearing is the same for all models.
Karl