I am in the process of rebuilding the 216 for my 53 3100 and am about to sieze the opportunity to refresh the clutch before reinstalling the engine. The truck has gone about 65,000 miles and it has not had any clutch problems. The dissassembled unit is lying around my shop now, it clearly is a 10 3/4 clutch, which seems unusual according to the sources. I am hoping to avoid the worst mistakes, but being a cheapskate (and considering the costs of shipping to Sweden) I am hoping to replace only the plate, throwout bearing and pilot bushing. Emphatic voices on these pages recommend a complete clutch kit, and I am hesitant to ignore that advice. But I do dumb things all the time and sometimes it turns out ok.
The available kits do not always describe a 10 3/4 plate, rather 11 inch. Also that the 11 inch variety was available only from 1954, which makes me suspect that the kit is not suitable for my flywheel. There also seem to be different varieties of throwout bearings.

I would appreciate advice to avoid once again buying expensive parts that will not fit.

Karl


It may not be the easy way, but it is the Cowboy Way - Ranger Doug
Beware of the stories you read or tell; subtly, at night, beneath the waters of consciousness, they are altering your world. - Ben Okri
1953 Chevy 3100
1960 Volvo PV 544
1941 Chevrolet Special Deluxe