Originally Posted by bartamos
The fuel hose sold now, including marine, is safe for E85.
Don't take this the wrong way but you are guessing too much with your issues. I.E. Pump and what is cause "white stuff". You can't say "it's the pump" without testing.
Let gas drain into a clear jar a little bit before paint filtering, so you can see what is at the bottom of tank.


Very glad you caught it, good work.

The inline fuel filter is between the original steel tank and the fuel pump. The truck runs really well right now. Whatever this white gel is is in the tank.

I only mentioned the boat I only mentioned the boat because I can't stand this Ethanol fuel. The fuel line on the boat was 18 years old and not the new generation of fuel lines. There are many problems caused by this fuel in fuel systems that are open to the atmosphere.

I like the suggestion of putting the gas in a clear container and letting it settle for a while before straining it.


1946 1/2 ton Chevy Pickup
1954 235 cu in
3 speed on the floor