Originally Posted by bartamos
1. A 58 is a 12V motor. I assume you have worked that out.

2. I assume you know what you are saying is true, but how do you know the fuel pump is bad?

3. Your only question is: "are 53 and 58 the same pump."
Do you have the dual action vacuum for wipers or single action for electric wipers?

4. Websites list different part numbers for the pumps in 53 and 58. However I believe they are the same physically. They do have have different flows. Single stage: 53 is 20 GPM and 5 psi max. 58 is 25 GPM and 4 psi max. Depending on carb, your choice. I would find out what motor I had if I were you. With tolerances and your hybrid system, they can be called the same pump.
1953 Carter M2118
1958 Carter M2999
the dual stage pump versions for 53 and 58, the PSI's cross over each other. So more evidence of either pump for either motor.

1. I did work that out. it's a'53 (6 volt)
2. It was not the pump after all
3. My current pump has no vacuum line

I started to remove the fuel lines and got NO fuel. The in-line fuel filter was completely clogged with a white gooey substance. I'm sure that it is the Ethanol in the gas. I thought that I had added enough Sta Bil to the tank last year, but I guess not. I am worried about there being more of this stuff in the tank. Tomorrow I'm going to drain out a few gallons through a paint filter and see if I get anything. I had to replace a fuel lineon my boat a couple of weeks ago due to Ethanol gas. The interior lining on the fuel line deteriorated and collapsed, blocking all fuel flow
Attachments
1946 Chevy.jpg (52.25 KB, 144 downloads)

Last edited by Gary P.; 06/19/2020 11:27 PM.

1946 1/2 ton Chevy Pickup
1954 235 cu in
3 speed on the floor