| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (bluechev, pauld, Otto Skorzeny, FAST55, MickeyP, Ole49GMC, Rusty Heaps, 3B, 37 GC, BC59, 1 invisible),
114
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,628 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | 1. A 58 is a 12V motor. I assume you have worked that out.
2. I assume you know what you are saying is true, but how do you know the fuel pump is bad?
3. Your only question is: "are 53 and 58 the same pump." Do you have the dual action vacuum for wipers or single action for electric wipers?
4. Websites list different part numbers for the pumps in 53 and 58. However I believe they are the same physically. They do have have different flows. Single stage: 53 is 20 GPM and 5 psi max. 58 is 25 GPM and 4 psi max. Depending on carb, your choice. I would find out what motor I had if I were you. With tolerances and your hybrid system, they can be called the same pump. 1953 Carter M2118 1958 Carter M2999
In the dual stage pump versions for 53 and 58, the PSI's cross over each other. So more evidence of either pump for either motor.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | |
| |
| |