Before I go any further, it has been correctly and politely pointed out by a observant gentleman who was more attentive in math class than I that the area and not the diameter should be the determinant and following that line of thought a stuck power valve would produce an overall jet equivalent to size 70 (or about 21% greater than 58). So you're not quite as obnoxiously overcarbureted but instead you'll be running something like 20% too rich...not that 20% too rich is in any way an acceptable level. And also I was asked about the two tiny holes at the top of the crossbar (not associated with the power circuit, but still a good question). Please see image below. These and the diagonally leaning tube are also air bleeds.
Did I try other attempts at solving the power piston problem? Yes, there was one other effort involving a thin aluminum piece (mounted under the mast) which held in place a small o-ring which would hopefully seal the piston and stop fuel from traveling up into the power piston area. You can see two images of it. Why didn't any of these ideas work? Well, actually this scheme made things worse. Here's why: the power pistons and their bores by now are worn out. Vacuum seeping around them and the constant sloshing of gas means the piston will be always bathed in fuel and it doesn't take long for that gas to gum things and stop free movement. In this particular case, the o-ring helped retain the fuel which got sucked up into the piston area and obviously that wasn't good. Sorry, but I couldn't figure out a suitable solution. The old image links are dead. I'm certain you've heard about Photobucket and the problems there. Hopefully this helps with questions about the power circuit. It certainly has been kicked around here enough. If anyone is interested in the difference between the Carter YF models and why many people believe they work better, we can go into that also. Seems to me things here are kind of loping along, so it may not be a bad idea.
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end