Awesome info, thanks for posting!
Nice vaccum port extension. Also, I wish I'd have polished my power piston now! Fortunately, it wasn't stuck to begin with.

Here's a picture of my viton gasket experiment. I'm hoping this gasket will have enough compliance and rebound to seal my carb without having to use your straightening method.
It starts out about .060" thick and compresses to about .040-.045 in tight parts of the joint. I'd guess my air horn has about .010" of warp to it. Most noticeable on the gas inlet side.

We'll see how long this lasts! Or if it even works... i haven't started the engine yet.

I was going to laser cut it, but found out that viton releases HF (extremely toxic gas) when you burn it! So i spent an hour with an X-acto knife instead.
Attachments
DSC_0010.JPG (183.28 KB, 147 downloads)
DSC_0004.JPG (112.48 KB, 148 downloads)
seam2.JPG (163.16 KB, 145 downloads)


'59 Chevy Suburban, NAPCO