Thanks for the tips!
Here's a rumor you may be able to confirm or deny:
Rochester B is more reliable than many other carburetors offroad and for driving on steep inclines because of the circumferential float bowl
Sounds like a questionable claim.
Seems like jet position within the bowl is more relevant?
Several decades ago, I used to watch the Perry Mason show.
I remember well one of the most-used lines in the show, when attorney Mason was in court.
"Objection Your Honor, calls for a conclusion by the witness" :p
You would probably get different answers from different folks.
Having said that, Carter pioneered the use of the spring-loaded fuel valve for use in carburetors used for marine and off-road applications in the 1930's.
The primary civilian off-road vehicle during the run of the Rochester type B carburetor was Jeep. Jeep used Carter.
As for military only vehicles, I have no record our military EVER used a Rochester type B.
Again quoting Mr. Mason - "Your Honor, the defense rests"!

Jon