First, a digression in regard to the fuel tank. The S10 has an inside the frame, under the bed gas tank on the left side. Like This. This is fine, but I had a few problems with it. One, it forces the exhaust to the right, and I want one pipe coming out each side, in front of the rear wheel. Two, I would have to bring the filler neck through the side of the bed or the bed floor.

As for the former, body work is not my strength. For the latter, I am a farmer. I never have an empty bed. I can't imagine trying to dig through junk every time you need to fill up.

And three, I like the idea of a rear tank to move weight to the rear and center it.

So I decided to mount a tank at the rear, behind the rear axle. I headed to Cherry Avenue Auto Parts , a place worth it's own discussion thread. (Switch the linked map to the "Aerial View".) I took my tape measure and looked under the back end of every old car and truck on the place before I finally thought to look at the S10 Blazers. DUH! There it is, 13 or 20 gallons (usually 20), perfectly shaped to fit between the rear frame rails. Couple hours of labor and $30 later, I had the tank, filler neck, mounting straps, rock guard and all.

You can see it will work, though I may have to modify the exsisting crossmember, and I'll have to add a rear mounting brace. I'll make the rear brace somewhat of an anti-collision guard, as well. The Blazer filled through a door in the left fender, so you could make your filler port there as well, or come up through the bed.

My plans are to put a 90 degree hose on, and put my filler port at the rear, between the bottom of the bed and the bumper. A hinged license plate will hide it.

Of course, I now have no under-the-bed mount for my spare tire, but that's a problem for another day.