One correction, 2000 on up Dodge 8 lug rotors are slip on. The 1998-99 are the "square hole" rotors.

Question. Are the original hubs ball bearing or roller??

BTW, if you don't center the rotor on the hub and you use the studs to center the rotor, I would suggest drilling the hub and installing bigger studs, instead of using bushings.

I think the proper game plane would be to get to roller bearings so you don't have the play of ball bearings, if that's what the 3/4 tons have. Then, find a way to modify the permanent parts and use off-the-shelf stuff that wears. Rotors, pads, etc. In other words, you don't want to have to machine the rotors everytime you need to replace them after a usefull life. Make the hub fit the rotor. Late model Dodge makes a slip off as does Ford. I haven't come across too many GM's to know what they have. I have brake catalogs so I can get the dimensions of the early stuff, one piece rotors but not the later stuff. Bearings for one piece rotors are a little easier as you get the rotor diameter and your new inner diameter then look through a Federal Mogul / National BCA spec book.