MNSmith, Sorry. I hadn't looked at your photos. Now I see that you have a huge facility and what appears to be a mobile brake service truck. So, you are the brake man right????
I asked Grigg about this. If you haven't seen his photo gallery check it out. Here's his reply. He wanted me to point out that this was only his limited view and that he doesn't know everything. Of course, McGiver didn't know everything either...
I don't have a final answer because I am not doing this conversion
myself. However, I have read the post and can comment.
If I were starting this swap I would take a spindle and hub with me to
the parts store and start looking at rotors with the right 8 lug
pattern. Then I would find a nice caliper that is easy to mount and make the
bracket. If none of that worked I would go shopping at the junk yard
to see what I could find.
Some other ideas
look for something with 8 lugs, disk brakes, and an I-beam axle. You
may be able to swap everything from the king pins out. Or perhaps a
complete swap like I did with my narrowed big axle.
As a second choice I would start looking at hubs from a suitable donor
that have a similar bearing placement and may even slide right on and
work with out modification. Bushings could be made to adjust the
location and bore size inside from a 4x4 hub to match that of the stock hub
and use the original bearings. Then the caliper bracket can be made to
fit or a new one made to work.
Perhaps the easiest way is to find a rotor that fits the old hub and
make a caliper bracket.
Another way would be to use the unit bearing hub from a newer truck. I
don't care for them because they can't be serviced and are expensive,
but you may be able to cut the old spindle off and make an adapter to
bolt the unit bearing hub and a caliper bracket to what is left. I would
do lots of thinking of the strength of the setup before committing to
this way.
Hope this helps,
Grigg