I responded on the previous post. For the record GM used the same self adjuster configuration with slight changes on just about everything they produced from 1964 through the mid 80's. This includes full & mid size cars, trucks, etc. I worked on many of them in shops and on my own vehicles. As I mentioned previously, you have the incorrect spring on the adjuster arm. It looks like the correct one is on the floor in the picture. Just because parts come with the kit does not make them correct. Many of the parts that are produced today do not fit correctly. Double check the hole in the shoe and the diameter of the retainer on the hold back spring on the actuator. It has to pivot at that location and It could be binding up. You may have to mix and match some of the old parts to make it work correctly.
Fred


1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine