Hey all. Great forum here. I've enjoyed browsing quite a bit.

I own a 1949 GMC 3/4 ton (4 speed with 4.57 gear)

I have to do something about the bias plys and stock wheels...please help.

As with anything else, can't really find a definitive answer. I love the bias look, but for a daily driver, it's not the best choice. I'd simply like to change over to a 1 piece steel wheel, paint it black, put the stock (or similar dish covers) on em, and a good radial tire. I've heard so many things at this point. Called Coker...they said order what you think will find and try it...but if installed, no returns so. What are you guys doing? Is there a simple bolt on wheel and tire combo that will work? I've also heard late 70/early 80 4WD, 1 ton 8 lug Chevy will bolt right on without spacers. Others have said I have to go with a 16" wheel...5.5 inch, 6 inch, 7 inch...... 225/70/15 or 225/65/16, etc.....so many answers. All that said....

Have any of you figured out the easiest and best combo for stock look that will bolt right on? Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I don't mind an aftermarket cap...I'll just put GMC stickers on them.

Thanks....appreciate it.
Attachments

Last edited by Peggy M; 11/05/2023 6:26 PM.

1949 GMC 3/4-ton
"Daily Driver and then Some"
Story in the DITY Gallery
Keep the old ones running..