It is a very common problem with the fuel evaporating under very hot conditions.
What is your solution to diagnose/fix this? Seems very straight forward and unavoidable if you drive for extended periods in very hot/humid temps. My trucks 261 never has this problem when it's in the 80's outside. But when it climbs up in the 90's and 100's, it can be hard to crank after a 10 mile drive into town. I have a spacer between my intake and carb, and fuel line is run in the standard location for the Rochester B.

I was not proposing using a 3-second burst of starting fluid that could cause damage upon start-up. I literally spray a 1/4 of a second mist over the top of the carb, and crank about 15 seconds later. I don't see how this could cause damage. And I rarely use that method at all, only if it absolutely will not crank after I let it cool off for 30 minutes or so.

I am all for testing and diagnosing. But not sure how you actually "fix" this problem.


-Patrick
1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 / 4-speed / 4:11 / Commercial Red