I used Mar-K when I replaced the bed on my '37 project. Since I was looking for the stock look, I intended to paint the bed boards black. On Mar-K's website they have a discussion of their tests of finishes and black paint was the best. I ordered the pine, not the more expensive oak. When the wood arrived, it was so beautiful; not a flaw or knot in any board, and it was hard to apply the paint over that beautiful wood (but I did). Fitment was superb, including those off center holes for the mounting carriage bolts with their special washers.

I am not a woodworker so I could not replicate the bed boards myself. I highly recommend them based on my single experience.
Kent

Last edited by Lightholder's Dad; 08/28/2019 11:40 PM.

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton
1942 Chevy 1/2 ton
1947 Diamond T Model 509
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton
1950 Chevy COE Model 5700 ~ "Barney" ~ And more pix