Originally Posted by Hambone
I think your paint / por quantities are higher than they need to be. I did long fleetside and used 1/2 gallon of house paint. It went on light after por.
Por - i dont recall specifically but i dont think it took over 1 gallon. I applied multiple coats of both, but dont recall how many coats. That was 12 yrs ago and it is a strong finish. Gets hot in the sun, but that is the only negative.

I calculated 2 gallons of each, expecting to have some leftover. I broke down the process into minutes for each bolt for removal and it was around 5+ hours. 18 hours for sanding, sealing, painting, 2.57 hours for the 7 steps. 3 to 6 hours for installation. 27-30 hours Total. Breaking it all down that's what I got. So basically a weekend project after the boards are prepped and ready. Everyone was busy, so I decided to tackle it, and knowing the condition of the truck, I think the estimated time is right. Shocking, but after breaking it down, it is what it is.



Shane

Shane's Toys...
2007 Forester XT Limited (2nd Owner)
1991 Cherokee Laredo (2nd Owner)
1981 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside 8,600 Camper Special (3rd Owner)
1965 Chevy 3/4 Ton Fleetside (3rd Owner)