I'm trying to start my '59, and I'm not getting any fuel from the tank. It hasn't been run since '91, so who knows what's in the tank. I put in a couple of gallons and if I take off the hose fitting under the cab, just a few drips of gas come out (probably residual in the line). I'm trying to understand how the tank is plumbed, and it looks like the pickup tube goes out the top of the tank and then down the back and through the floor.
Does the fuel system need to be primed to flow fuel? Is there a minimum amount of fuel needed in the tank to get it going? I tried to blow air through the fuel line from the line at the pump back to the tank, but it appears to be plugged. Is there a check valve in the system, or should I be able to blow out the line all the way into the tank (gas cap off)? How much pressure can I use to blow out the line (so far only used about 20psi)?
Any help in understanding the design would be appreciated. I'm thinking my next step is to pull the tank.