I had a Buick/Rover aluminum V8 in a Model A. I hope you have lots of $$$ to buy any speed equipment for it just to impress strangers. They're pretty gutless and in the US parts - especially performance parts - are expensive.
I'm not looking for high output, just something to cruise around,150HP in the weakest form isn't too bad for that. If I wanted something cheap and high-output I'd build a small block, or big block, or use an LS, I have plenty of each (only 1 LS but..). I have this engine and always thought it would look good in one of these pickups with the lower hood sides removed. I could care less about impressing strangers. Also not bashing SBC, love that engine, just too common for almost everything, LS's are getting to be the same way.
My basic point is use what you want, Jay Zed is correct, plan on dishing out some $$$ for anything not common or popular.