I have been watching this thread, and am in the process of another 216 rebuild.. The machine shop tells me I need to go ten over on the pistons and bore. After reading about the 235 swap on the pistons, I said why don't we do this. The shop came back with a volumn of reasons why that is impossible. None of which seemed to make much sense or indicate to me they had the desire to try anything that is outside the philosophy of "we always do it this way". This response is from the guy, who seems like a decent sort, taking over the manager job from the 30 year veteran of the shop. I am starting to get some blank stares from the place. It is also about the only place around that does this stuff and has a great reputation as of now.


1946 1-ton Panel
1952 1-ton Comml. W/Grain Body