Without spending big bucks, your effort to gain “a little more power” from your 216 will be an exercise in futility. The thread you read is from a very experienced master mechanic who has the equipment to do those modifications. To pay a machine shop for the work would not be cheap. Don’t fall into the hype that multiple carburetors and headers are the cheap way to hotrod your 216. It just isn’t so.ðŸ›
Well I’m at a point where I need to sleeve 1 cylinder and they are all getting bored to some extent due to wear. The crank is being cut and the rods will be changed out to re-poured or newer bearing halves. Believe cam is also going to get some attention. So I’m in this to rebuild the entire motor and the shop is familiar with 216’s. Block is original to truck and I’m traditional in bringing my cars or trucks back to life but if something can be altered that is not seen I’m all for it.