Anybody ever think about turbocharging one of these straight sixes? I kind of got the idea from seeing a roots blown 235 power a salt flat's racer to over 200 mph at Bonneville. I can't imagine how much torque that thing must be capable of!
Some things I don't know about my 235 that I wish I did, such as is anything forged in the rotating assy., compression ratio, rod length and stroke. But it appears with a simple move of the alternator (in my case), there is plenty of room for a turbo right under the exhaust manifold.
I have a collection of Garrett T03's which are kind of on the big side for a 4-cylinder, but might make a nice midrange torque hair dryer for the six.
If anyone has done such an upgrade, or even supercharged, I'd like to talk to them. Or any other ideas or thoughts are welcome.
Thanks, Tony.