Yeah me too. The turbo is a stop gap measure until I have the time and money to build the 400 small block in my garage. The reason I thought a T03 would work is because the 235 is a low revving motor, and a smaller turbo would kick in lower (and of course rev lower too). To my best estimates, the T03 is about 75% efficient at 4000 rpm on what I think the 235 will need in lb/min flow, and about 70% efficient at 2000 rpm. A nice little boost if I can keep the psi down. I'll need a turbo controller and a box to enclose the carburetor in, then a little fabricating in the engine bay.
The ideal torque motor would probably be a Buick, Olds or Pontiac 455, or a Chevy 502. But because I have a 400 small block without a vehicle to put it in, I'll rebuild it for about 8.5:1 compression. I'll probably run it with just a carburetor for awhile and eventually put a roots supercharger on top. Either a 177 or a 6-71. I have to decide.
I was thinking a Tremec TKO 5 speed OD for the tranny, and I'll keep the 4.56 gearing, but would like to upgrade to posi or a locker if possible for these old things.