Hello Jerry
Just wondering if you can provide a link to the HEI distributor. We did put after market an HEI unit on my friend C10 and it made a big difference to the running. Looking at the cost of buying another original distributor and having to return a core for rebuild I would much rather just buy a new distributor with HEI. I’m running a 216 in a 53 Chevy. The one we put in the c10 has the coil built into the distributor but that’s a total different engine.
I’m not sure if any parts were removed to fit the pertronic igniter so I may be missing parts to put the points and condenser back in. Alternatively I would probably buy a second Petronix igniter as they are not ridiculously expensive and easy to swap out. I heard the model one of the igniter failed a lot but heard good reports for the new model two. Let’s face it points aren’t great either, but easy to work on when they fail ,agreed.
Sorry for the hand feeding questions but as I have to import everything from the USA it’s difficult to return items if I order the wrong parts so it’s always good to get a recommendation from people with more experience as I am new to American automobiles
Thanks Regards Chris
Last edited by ThreeSixHundred; 05/09/2019 9:25 PM.