Well thanks for the tips. I really like the look of the Landon distributor but they have none in stock, but may be long term solution. I have nothing against conventional points but they are not as reliable as electronic ignitions, just easier to repair in the field.

I need to get to the bottom of why my coils are getting hot. I can only think is a dwell problem caused by the igniter lobe sensor or a faulty igniter that’s not turning off properly.

Following another thread on here about distributor caps and rotor arm long and tall. I had to bend the centre electrode up on my rotor arm. Someone mentioned it likely my spark is having to jump,further this will make the secondary coil voltage higher wonder if this could be affecting the primary current in the coil.

Going to look at the primary voltage wave on my oscilloscope tomorrow so that should give me some more information to work with.

Thanks again to all you guys that take time to contribute and help me. I’m here in the U.K. with only a handful of these vehicles it’s not easy to find people to chat with and get experience. I guess a 60 year old motor is always going to be a bit more work. I’m still trying to gain my confidence working on the truck etc. It really is a god send to have your help and comments.

Shame there is not a U.K. bolters section perhaps I should start one

check out my build diary etc if you want to see my rolling restoration. Well it is more break down and roll to a stop usually on a deserted country road with no mobile reception!

Thanks Regards Chris

Last edited by ThreeSixHundred; 05/11/2019 7:11 AM.