| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,185 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Jeff, I put a stang II under the front of my 37 half ton and it works real good. The key is to find someone who has did this before and then save your self some big bucks. I welded a plate to the inside of my original frame and took it to a fellow that has put several front ends and clips under trucks and cars. I actually went to the junk yard myself and in the rain dropped all the stuff out from under a 78 mustang getting the rack and pinion (for a core) all for $75. I replaced all the bushings and ball joints paid the fellow for his work and had a NICE job including mounting tilt steering wheel for less than $800. With some of the kits you still end up buying more than the "kit" and I will bet it doesn't drive one bit better than my homemade job. Look around, make a plan. Measure twice and cut once!!! | | |
| |
| |