Wife wanted to drive her Apache to work after we were headed to breakfast at a local joint. Was following her down a secondary road when all of a sudden it looked like she threw a cigarette out the bottom of the truck! (she don't smoke). Turned out the upper left bracket the shock bolts to broke clean off. I ran home in car I was following her with and retrieved a tool box and removed the shock from the truck and she drove it back home no problems. Upon further investigating I see the other one is cracked in same fashion. After looking online a bit I see different looking brackets for replacement but they dont look anything like mine. Mine are flat metal with the pin for the shock mounted 90deg. at the top. Three rivets hold the flat portion to the frame. The ones online look like they have two rivet holes that mount to the top of the frame. Are these a better style stronger way to go? Should I just weld mine back in place and weld over the other cracked one? I might be able to add a reinforcement plate to the inside across the stressed area.

Any help or light shedding on this subject is greatly appriciated!

Even if you have had this happen before post here please

Thanks
RK
ie.my apologies. I thought driveline meant engines/transmissions/rearends?
Attachments
IMG_1146.JPG (218.77 KB, 309 downloads)
IMG_1138.JPG (299.22 KB, 315 downloads)
IMG_1137.JPG (208.14 KB, 300 downloads)

Last edited by Roadking53; 03/02/2019 6:51 PM. Reason: pictures

1959 Apache swb stepside
Atlanta Ga.