I've got a title, but that's not the issue. The state of Oregon added a state ID tag to the truck (no VIN), and neither the inspector nor I could locate that tag. So, NC requires a surety bond be issued to make up for that. I was really happy when DMV came up with a value for the truck from their database, otherwise chasing down the appropriate state approved experts might have been tough and a little co$tly.

So I got the bond, it came as an email attachment for me to print and sign. Off I went back to the DMV. The person there said that a printed copy of the bond was no good, she needed inked signatures for the issuers. The bond company said that was nonsense, and told me to take the paperwork someplace else... Next Tuesday, I'll try the Hendersonville office instead of the Pisgah Forest one. Maybe I'll get lucky. smile At least it's December and not May!


'35 1.5 ton military