My long wait is finally over. Cubie is tagged! I had no luck at all in dealing with the PITAs at the Pisgah Forest Tag and Title location. After getting advice from a number of folks, I made the 45 minute drive to Hendersonville. What a difference! Suddenly, all of my documentation was good, and they were happy to process me. The agent even called central to tell them the paperwork was done, so they could lift the hold as give me a tag right away! My faith in NC people has been restored!

Took Cubie on her first real drive. Noticed that at the end, she was beginning to miss a bit. Temps all normal. I noticed earlier that she never needed the choke, even when cold soaked to 30 degrees. I wouldn't have thought that the 3000' altitude here would make a difference, but maybe I was wrong. I'll pull the plugs tomorrow and check 'em.
Is there any good forum advice I havn't found yet about adjusting mechanical brakes? I DO intend to drive Cubie a good bit, and stopping is important, especially in the mountains...