It amazes me how some transportation companies can't figure out how to operate such a basically built vehicle.
Blowing light bulbs is really a rookie thing to do..
I wouldn't even try to attempt to start a 6 volt vehicle with a 12 volt vehicle, unless I was stranded and away from home.
And if I had to, you are suppose to remove the jumper cables, the second the engine fires.
You definitely don't have the head light switch On, when you are jumping.
How hard can it be to, put the truck in gear and apply the parking brake and switch the ignition Off.
I had a similar journey with a transport company.
For one, they told me that they had their own drivers, but they ended up farming out the transport to a different company.
The day before delivery, the farmed out company driver called.
The driver sounded like he a had Russian accent, I could barely understand what he was saying.
He said' How are you going to get the truck off the trailer.
He told me the transport trailer had broke down and they had to transfer all the vehicles to the new trailer.
This is when they broke my truck's u-joint.
My truck has a automatic transmission and a enclosed propeller shaft, they just kept
giving it gas until the u-joint broke, they never released the emergency brake..
If you are going to transport vehicles for a living, you should at least gain some understanding on how to operate them..
In the end, it all turned out OK, but at the time it was stressful.
I like your '35 1.5 ton mil spec truck, when I was younger I use to own a 1948 flat fender Willys jeep