Ok, here is an update on the GMC truck I went to look at. I did drive across the state to check out the 1959 GMC 1.5 ton. It is actually rather sad, from a condition standpoint. It was originally a milk delivery truck and still has the cooler box on the back. Glass is bad, rust in both fenders on the eyebrows, one fender is mangled. The rest is kinda straight. The truck shows 88,000 miles. Now for the confirmation, yup it does in fact have the 270 engine. (I rather surmised that). I will probably work on some kind of a deal, but I need to figure out who can haul it for me. With the box, dual rear wheels and weight, I can't move it on my trailer. More later.
Al


smile Alan

1947 (early) GMC EC-302 Dump Truck
Jimmy
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket