I am a GMC guy and am running a factory original 248 in a dump truck. I have acquired a 302 that will replace the 248 some time in the future. In my opinion the 248 has better torque than a 235 (rightly so as it has a little larger CID). I also have a 1946 Chevrolet 1.5 ton that has the original 2167/235 engine. I have picked up a later full pressure 235 to replace that engine with. I have also been kicking around the notion of locating a 261 instead. Comparing CID between the two engines, the 261 should be a very near performance competitor for the 270. Is that performance comparison guess correct? Does the Chevrolet 261 have any inherit mechanical issues that I would need to recon with? I assume that the 261 would be a very easy replacement engine for the original design 216/235 that is currently in the 1946 1.5 truck.
Al
Last edited by Big Al's; 12/11/2018 4:13 AM.