It was pretty routine in the 1950's for places like Sears, Montgomery Ward, and a few of the other mass merchandisers to offer mediocre-quality rebuilt engines with 30/30 reground crankshafts and 80 overbores. Most better-quality rebuilders considered 60 over to be an acceptable bore size, and 20/20 cranks were very common. There's a lot more block material available if long life isn't a concern- - - -Dad's round track flathead Ford V8's had .250" overbores, 3/8" stroker cranks, 11:1 compression, and ran an alcohol/Peroxide fuel mix at 6,000+ max RPM- - - -all on 3 main bearings! A well-built engine might last a full season of dirt track racing, while others did some epic hand grenading!
I believe a 60 over 216 should last a long time, particularly the way they're run now, in weekend cruisers and car show trailer queens. I wouldn't hesitate to use an engine I'd built myself like that as a daily driver.
Jerry