I drove a lot of 366 and 427's, 4spd x 2spd and 5spd x 2spd. I think our elected GVW was 24000 on the straight trucks and 420000 - 48000 on the single axle tractor-trailer rigs, plenty of torque with those motors. I don't know the external dimensions compared to the Mark IV but maybe HRL knows. I'm kind'a glad my beer delivery days are behind me. I have a 383 on the cradle that I built for the Vette but never have swapped it, all wrapped up waiting for a home, when I had the 283 out of the '57 for clutch and cam I thought about sticking the 383 in but I like the original motor in the truck.

Last edited by 78buckshot; 11/16/2018 10:00 PM.

1957 Chevrolet 5700 LCF 283 SM420 2 speed rear, 1955 IH 300U T/A, 1978 Corvette 350 auto, 1978 Yamaha DT175, 1999 Harley Davidson Softail Fat Boy