yeah, not an LCF. currently a good running 327, but towing my trailer, I weigh in at 16K so, looking for a little better pulling power. Thinking a big block may not get any worse gas mileage because it is not working as hard as the small block. I have a Ranger OD unit I am going ti install. Currently, I am spinning 3600 RPM at 60 MPH. If I drop that with the OD, my small block may lose power at the lower RPM where the 454 may be happier and not sick as much gas! (3,000 RPM )


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof