Hello all
Another set back....
So got it running good enough to warm the engine
After that, was going through the sequence of retightening the head bolts and the oil supply bolt snapped
Luckily I was able to take the broken end from the block, through the head with a screwdriver
Does anyone have a bolt to spare or source to buy? Chevs of the 40’s has bolts, but they do not have the hole, nor the stepped shoulder like the oems
Not sure if this is necessary bolt because it did not have the slit at the top and it’s a 1956 block with a 848 head; it looks like someone modified themselves. Before the head rebuild I had oil starvation problem to the rockers so I have a line from the oil sender port in the block to the head


1949 Chevrolet 3100 Suburban Carryall
"Bad Guy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket

1950 Chevrolet 3100 3-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1966 GMC Suburban Carryall Custom
"Big Guy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket