The truck was running good before the head removal
Had a weird overheat gremlin that would go away after turning off the truck and immediately re-starting
Also vacuum advance wasnt moving (old) so I replaced it
The performance of the truck degraded from there and took it to a shop since I could not work on it for more than a few minutes at at time (recovering from heel bone break and surgery)
The shop said they got it running but had pressure in the head so warped or blown HG
Was told to tow home
That’s where we stand now
Newly rebuilt head but no start
I swear this truck was easier to get going after sitting for 20+ years
At least it would cough and sputter when getting it going


1949 Chevrolet 3100 Suburban Carryall
"Bad Guy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket

1950 Chevrolet 3100 3-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1966 GMC Suburban Carryall Custom
"Big Guy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket