on the panels you can't get replacements for (like inner fenders) you may find it easier to sandblast and lay fiberglass over. I would be interested to hear from others how that works long term. I have also seen some weld and grind all the little rust holes, as well as taking new metal and welding in small (or large) patches from donor panels or whatever. My dad did a ton of welding on hos 40 Chevrolet sedan, welded patches in from a donor car, made replacement pieces from multiple smaller pieces, bent and welded together to form whatever he needed, etc. I think he was welding on it for over a year! I would probably have blasted it and fiberglassed over it. I think the difference is, in 20 years, the metal under the glass may be rusted and gone again, not sure though.


Mike
1955 Chevy 6400 ex-flatbed (no bed now!) sold September 2023
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1958 Chevy 6400 flatbed W/dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1959 Chevy Suburban Owned for almost 20 years, Daily Driver -- sold May 2016
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof