I like the research that Deve did for his PCV system. I have installed a few of them, but had concerns about the standpipe issue for reasons addressed in previous posts. Here is a simple adaptation to Deve's design that includes a standpipe that can be built for less than $10 worth of parts from the plumbing department of any hardware store. Use Deve's instructions for everything else, just add the standpipe if you want to raise the PCV out of the crankcase.
The pictures are pretty self-explanatory. The piece that has the friction fit into the draft tube hole is made from a 3/4" threaded coupling for rigid electrical conduit. The hole measures 1.25", and the coupling measure 1.27". Twirl it around a couple times on a belt sander until it taps into the hole nice and snug. The other parts are a 3/4" male NPT copper fitting, a 3 1/2" length of 3/4" copper pipe, a 3/4" to 1 1/4" copper adapter, and a 1 1/4" copper cap. The cap has a hole drilled into it using the instructions that Deve gives to add the hole to a 1 1/4" freeze plug. Just drill it into the copper cap instead. I use a step drill to get it to 7/8", then use a die grinder to do a final trim. Sweat solder all of the copper parts together, then screw the copper assembly into the turned-down conduit coupling, then tap the standpipe into the draft tube hole.
You can buy the correct size grommet at Lowes for about $.79 if you don't want to spend about $5 for the Mr. Gasket version.
I appreciate all of the work that Deve has put into and shared about his PCV system. I tweaked it just a tad by adding a standpipe. No disrespect intended. He did all of the hard work.