JiMerit,
Is it you that has the pictures? I would really like to see them. Could you possibly email them to me?
I got this quote from another PCV thread on this forum:
Volfandt Offline
Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,028
Knox County, TN
Originally Posted by dougs
Thanks for reply. Just so I am clear (please bear with me). I have electric wipers. I only have one port on my manifold which is now used for my disc brake booster. So can I tee off my one port and use it for both my disc brake booster and PVC? Thanks for your help.
Yes but there exceptions. All PCV's aren't the same. Some flow alot more than others. A PCV that flows too much will rob vacuum needed for your brake booster. I run a PCV on a 49 216 and it's tapped onto the same port/line as the vacuum wipers are connected. I had quite a few differing PCV's in my stash and found one that worked. It is a Purolator PV141 PCV valve. One of the PCV's fowed so much the wipers didn't even attempt to move.
Deve's tech-net site has a great writeup on adding a PCV.
According to the Deve's article measuring the vacuum inside the engine is necessary in selecting a valve that is right for the engine it's being used on.
This is an interesting subject. It's tasks like this that have kept me interested in my restored '36 pickup since I first got it in 1965. A project vehicle is never done.
Last edited by yar; 03/20/2018 8:58 PM.