Hello all! I am a new to the Stovebolt community. My name is Aaron and I have a 48 6400 and a 49 4100.
6400- I have been working on the 6400 for the past two weeks. I bought it from a local scrapper. It has been sitting in his "lot" for possibly the past 20 years. So far I have removed the valve cover and made sure all the rods and rockers are not stuck with rust. There was a mouse nest which had to be removed. I then poured a quart of oil over all of the rockers and rods. Checked oil. Next I hooked power up to the starter and made sure it spun. I then proceeded to make sure the clutch and throttle worked. Brakes are shot but the wheels spin! Transmission seems to work fine. Next I aired up all of the tires (that would take air) and jacked the wheels up out of the dirt, mud, and ice. Earlier we tried using a bobcat to lift the truck out of its pits. No luck. A simple bottle jack popped it right out though. Using the wheels as a crank; I put the truck into gear and spun the engine over several times. It was stuck at first but with a little persuasion and some dirty talking I got her spinning. There is a tree growing up between the cab and rear driver side tires. Today I will cut it down and clean up the box/flatbed for transport. Today I will also put gasoline into the carb and try to get the engine to sputter. Any tips or advice? Did I miss something?

4100- The 4100 has been in my family for several generations. Possibly since new. It has had its engine either replaced or remanned (216) at least once in its life. It is sitting in a barn for now. The down side of the 4100 is that it has a hoist but no PTO or hydraulic pump. In order to drum the bed/box; you must have a tractor or some other form of hydraulic power to actuate the hoist. The only work I have done to the 4100 so far is remove the starter. there is a mouse nest in the bell housing and neither the engine or the starter will spin. I have posted links to both trucks pictures below. I hope to have an update for you all by this evening. Hope everyone here has a great day! Thanks!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...0337054351561346?authkey=CJSz7KDO-db9_gE

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/...31094764648340642?authkey=CISu-ci_k9rRbA