Bogart, how do 15" artilleries have no fitment issues, but 16" need to have the calipers shaved? Do the wheelsmith's have shorter backspacing and or a larger negative offset that moves them away from the calipers?

Has anyone tried using 15" stock rims and altering the offset by using longer lug bolts and a spacer? I don't have a visual reference to know how badly the calipers interfere with stock 15" rims. 15" rims may just not work at all but I am still trying. Changing the offset would, essentially, decrease the backspacing by moving the wheel outward and farther from the suspension and caliper mounting brackets and calipers themselves. I think the backspacing on 15" early 50's rim is 4"? As my truck is disassembled, I can not take measurements on fender clearances with stock suspension to know how much of a spacer would be allowable.

Thanks for thinking this through with me


"it's only old if you can't find a use for it; otherwise it's cool and i'll use it."