(EDIT) I just saw the edit to the former post. That is a good link to explain way better than I could about swedged lug bolts!

I respectfully disagree that we are talking about the same thing. Yes, many lug bolts are knurled. The ones that are swedged or swaged (using a swage tool) normally require a swedge (swage) cutter such as the one of here Swedge cutter if you want to save the lug bolts and not harm the hubs. If one could simply drive out lugs that are swedged, there would be no need for a swedge cutter. I think the confusion comes from most of our trucks not having swedged lug bolts. My guess is that most have knurled lug bolts pressed in as you describe. My 46 GMC 1/2 ton had swedged lug bolts and that complicated things (again making me think, why does everything have to be so difficult!) My recommendation is that if your lug bolts are swaged, do not press them out if you intend to refuse your hubs.


Last edited by Bogart's Truck; 03/17/2018 2:12 AM. Reason: Read edit to former post.